Importing layers

I recently tried the Layer Import feature as explained on the Knowledge base page, but when I chose the document I wanted to import from, only one of the three layers from that document appeared in the dialog box. nd the layer that appeared wasn't even the active layer. Any ideas? Is this feature supported by Fundamentals?

thanks

Ok, so the import layers feature worked when I used a new blank document, all three layers I wanted to import appeared in the dialog box. However, it doesn't work when I'm using an existing....I just figure it out. Layers with the same name won't import. I renamed the layer i wanted to import and then it worked.

Ok, so the import layers feature worked when I used a new blank document, all three layers I wanted to import appeared in the dialog box. However, it doesn't work when I'm using an existing....I just figure it out. Layers with the same name won't import. I renamed the layer i wanted to import and then it worked.

Be really careful importing into an existing document. Some of the drawing settings (like dashes line styles and markers, probably others) will be reset to match the imported data.

This can greatly screw up your carefully tailored drawing and be almost impossible to recover from.

I recommend ALWAYS importing DXF/DWG into a blank file and then transfering the data (either cut and paste or by referencing) into the file you need the data in.