Viewport sorting

michaelk

Question

Little wish:

I wish that viewports would have an option to sort numerically -instead of/in addition to- alphabetically in the Navigation Palette.

It's a bad habit, but when there are many viewports, I don't bother naming them. So VP 2 comes after VP 11 or VP 100...

...Or use a system similar to the way layers are sorted, so they can be user sorted.

...Or group them by Sheet Layer and Designer Layer

michaelk

3 answers to this question

I agree. Better sorting in of both Viewports and Sheet Layers would be great.

And fix the double naming of Viewports that has been created by the drawing co-ordination feature added in 2010. It should of been implemented with a check box allowing the use of the Viewport name as the drawing name, not by introducing a whole other name field, especially when the PDF bookmark option uses the Viewport name. Too many things to name in big files.... especially when its double entry.

Kevin

This should probably be another thread, but I'm baffled by what is happening when a bunch of VPs are duplicated and one or more of those VPs contains a section line and it's linked section VP. They all renumber in a really cool way. Except for the section vp. The duplicated "parent VP" doesn't link to the duplicated section vp.

Or maybe I get so confused by it, that I end up deleting the section VP and trying again. :)

Michaelk Section VPs are a little tricky and I had to have their behaviour explained to me.

There is a link between the Section Viewport on the Sheet Layer and the Section Marker instances. Duplicating one doesn't automatically generate the other part. So:

• If you duplicate the Section VP on the Sheet Layer you then need to select it and then click on the Section Line Instances button on the OIP and get it to generate a new Section Line marker. You will need to say what Design Layers and/or which Viewports you want it visible in.
  • If you duplicate the Section Line marker on a Design Layer or in a Viewport on a Sheet Layer you then need to invoke the Create Section Viewport command on the View menu to make it generate a new Section Viewport on the same Sheet Layer as the original one.