Truss...yet again....

I have VW 2010, and I created a stage, and every time that I try to put a vertical truss on the stage, it ends up sinking to the bottom of the stage...like it goes through the stage...I'll attach a file of the picture to this thread. Is there something that I'm missing to make it not do that? And also, is there a way to rig two pieces of truss together? I'll put that in the attached photo as well. By that, I'm talking about when you set a vertical truss, is there a way to rig the horizontal truss that gets flown and attached to the vertical truss? Every time I try to do that, it looks like crap...I hope this makes sense..Thanks in advance!

Assuming you are using the Spotlight truss tool:

1. In the OIP give the truss a Z value equal to the height of the stage.

2. If you mean join two pieces of truss in a line, just draw the truss to the desired length and set the Connection Interval to the appropriate length in the OIP.

If you mean at an angle - then you have to make a fake corner block that is the same length as the width of the truss. Set the Ladder Bar Spacing and the Connection Interval to that length also. (that will keep the truss from turning red)

hth

Hi Nick,

If you want to create something like a Gorund support, you need (in real live) Cornerbloks, like michaelk mentioned. (image attached)

They can't be made with the VW Truss tool. For the Shown example I used downloaded Elements from Prolyte. You can also download the Symbols from Eurotruss and others. The Prolyte Symbols come with a Centerline in the Cords, that makes it easy to aliign them in 3d Space. The Eurotruss Elements have round Cords, so you can use the Center of the Cords to snap the Elements together.

Eurotruss and others are avaliable in the VW library, but the Elements are Hybrid, and the 2d Part makes it impossible to rotate them in 3d Space, without editiong every Symbol, so I found it easier to just use 3d Symbols imported from the Maufacturers dwg's.

If you don't want to construct a real Grund support, and just sketch something that looks somehow like one with the truss tool, it makes sense to align the elements in 2d, and set the z-Hights through the OIP, like bcd suggests,

because you dont have good snap Points to align the trusses in 3d

Horst M.

Edited by Horst M.