Worksheets Functions

I've had good luck converting a string to numbers w/ the Value( ) command. See attached picture.

What is the cost index code? I've seen it in the data tab of the wall style preferences, but what is its function?

Annoyingly, entering "cost index code" or "wall preferences data", etc. into help doesn't shed any light on the question.

Thanks for the Value() command. Exactly what I needed. NAA where is the documentation on all the functions available?.

The cost index code, like any of the wall data, is what you make of it.

I am using it for elemental estimating of my project

Paint: $10/ m2

Plasterboard: $25/m2

Framing: $60/m2

Plywood: $25m2

Cost code = $110/m2

My Worksheet formula is:

=WALLAREA_NET*(VALUE('__NNA_Wall_Style_Format'.'Cost Index Code'))

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

michaelk, you wrote:

What is the cost index code? I've seen it in the data tab of the wall style preferences, but what is its function?

The Cost Index Code is used to categorize your preferred cost index for an assembly. For example, the cost index for exterior walls in

UniFormat: 'B2010'

UniClass: 'G251'

NCS: 'A-WALL-EXTR'

OmniClass: '21 41 51 11 11 Exterior Walls'

You get the picture. It's just a category name. Our idea is to have Vectorworks Architect be standards-neutral, to allow the user to format his worksheets the way he or she wants.

Assembly there is a list of Worksheet Function in Help. There is also a section on Search Criteria.

The only function I can see that isn't listed in the Worksheet Function list is Database. Its description in the program is "Creates a database of objects that meet the criteria.".

The attached PDF lists the Functions and Function Descriptions as they are listed in the Vw 2009 Select Function dialog box. From a quick perusal Vw 2010 has the same list of functions.