2010 Edit EAP bug?

I'm not trusting a few of my five senses today.

I think I'm seeing an Extrude Along Path edit bug. Can someone check me on this before I submit it?

It behaves as expected in 2009.

In 2010, when in the edit space for an EAP, it won't switch between the Path and Profile spaces.

Example attached.

Thanks

michaelk

Yes, it jumps back to the drawing and double-clicking takes you straight to the profile not the dialogue as you say.

You can however right click on the EAP at this point to get the dialogue.

I had never noticed you could jump from the Path edit space to the Profile edit space without retuning to the drawing first. Now I'm grieving a loss I hadn't known: wisdom's price?

I just tried it with a new drawing - indeed the newly Revealed expected behavior is there.

A couple of points:

There's no need to deselect all to activate the edit profile space, it jumps right to the profile either way.

I went in and deleted your path (sorry) and replaced it with a new 2d polyline - now all is bliss in the land of EAP. This is my experience.

You are correct about the non necessity of deselecting everything and right clicking on nothing.

I've tried it a couple times. It sometimes doesn't go amiss the first time or two, but once it does, then it keeps doing it. Try going back and forth between path and profile, that seems to annoy it.

In my extremely limited testing polylines paths behave better than polygon paths. But that could just be coincidence.

michaelk