Records and trees

Hi All

Ok I have this nice tree survey just in, each tree is represented by a group with attributes. I have numbered relevant trees with rubber stamp tool (rather primitive that one can't have the numbers linked tho').

What I need is a table with each group's attributes. I also have a symbol for each tree (same symbol).

I would also like to have ability to update, delete, insert numbers for the trees (in the drawing space and the table)

Do symbols have a unique handle? Can I assign a numer to a symbol?

I have tried the records tool to no effect. Has anyone else done this?

Also has anyone found an autofill procedure(ala Excel) for the worksheets.

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure you can do this on 2008. I don't have 2008, but this works in 2009...

1. Make a record format w/ the fields you want.

2. Attach the format to the symbol. Add dummy text. Link text to record.

3. Make a worksheet w/ a database criteria that references objects w/ the record format.

Anything you enter into the worksheet instantly shows up on the drawing. Anything you enter in the data pane of the OIP will appear in the worksheet after you tell it to recalculate.

There is no autofill. It's sort of like very primitive excel - you can copy and paste one field at a time. However, each field can have a default value in the record format.

Sounds much more complicated than it is. See attached example. Anything you type in fields in Worksheet-1 will show change in the symbols in the drawing. (I really hope this works in 2008 :0)

hth

michaelk

Edited by michaelk