Whoops. Section Style.....

It looks like you can just create a new class called Section Style (or whatever you want) and then select the Section Viewport and click the Advanced Properties button. Select the Attributes tab and use the Attribute Class pulldown to select the class to use for the section objects.

When I deleted my Section Style class, it asked if I wanted to delete objects in that class or move them to a different class. I moved them to None.

If you deleted them, they should come back when you Update the viewport.

Pat

That was the first thing I tried. I started with a new document, one random 3D object, created a section viewport, then deleted the Section Styles class.

I did what you describe, the attributes of the new class won't display in the section viewport....

And just what is the hoped for result for the "objects beyond cutting plane" setting? I have never known....

michaelk

And just what is the hoped for result for the "objects beyond cutting plane" setting? I have never known....

If you want to create a class so that objects beyond the cutting plane use that class (for instance, a lighter lineweight so that the focus is on the sectioned items, and the background just provides non-distracting context), the latest version won't apply the "use class" setting to those objects beyond the cutting plane, and they all retain their own inappropriate lineweights.

I just tried using Viewport class overrides and that seemed to do the trick.

Select the Section VP,

in the OIP hit Classes,

Select All Classes, except 'Section Style'

Edit -> Set line weight to .05mm. In this example I also changed the pen color to gray.

picture2svq.png

The only things (so far) that this doesn't work for is if your wall attributes are defined in the Wall Style, rather than being set to Use Class Attributes. Also the line around the windows are still black.