Shingle hatch

PZNN

Hello,

I am trying to draw round shingles with 30mm diameter. So far I was using symbol to apply it to the elevations of the building. The problem is that there so many of them and every single move make the screen to refresh which takes ages. I was trying to create a custom hutch but seems like there are no options for round parts. Any idea how to sort this out?

I tried symbols but there are about 40.000 shingles on the elevation so it doesn't really help. it still needs a lot of time to refresh a window. Looks like the best way of doing this is to draw a shingle as polyline and than 'add surface' so instead of reading the objects as individual pieces it will read it a groups. The larger the surfaces the quicker will read it.

Time to look critically at your communication intent - is it absolutely essential that you draw all of those shingles? Or can you just draw portions of them to communicate that particular areas are shingled (often the communication is better when you do it this way).

If you do need to do all of it then look at using a 2D image map instead.