To Model or not to Model

mr. iagea

I have had some frustrating problems with the Model Setup command. Such as, once you run it, you can't undo it, or change slab layers, or remove Roof and Foundation. Grrr!

I have resorted to just creating my own layers and viewports. It seems to be more editable in the long run. Yes, this takes a bit more time, and it was easier with the Model Setup command, but the command has wasted too much of my time already trying to edit the commands' "doings" and spending more time reading the manuals and trying to find answers than actually doing my work (at least today). Grrr X2!

Does anyone else use the Model Setup command, and if so, have you had similar troubles? Is there any reason why I should use it, considering it's frustrating un-editability? Anyone want to weigh on on the pros and cons of the command? I'd like some feedback.

Thanks!

Charlie

I'm with Peter. I used the Model Setup Tool when I first started using VW. Now that I better understand how VW works, I don't ever use it. It's just as easy to set up layers and heights "manually."

I have found the same to be true of Auto-classing. I used it at the beginning and it seemed useful. But after using VW for a while, I found that it got in the way and that I could do most of what I wanted by setting up classes in certain tools. Now I don't ever turn it on.

I work by myself so this isn't really a problem for me. If/when I have people working for me, I might reconsider.