Class viewing

CraigCTC

I'm working on a file using truss and lights. I have created classes for each set of box truss so that I can easily create cardboards for the crew to work off of. However, with this particular file sent from the designer, when I put a set of box truss and lights into a class and then view only that active class, nothing is on the screen. All the truss disappears.

Any ideas?

Craig

I think you have to have all the classes visible of the sub components of the symbols/plug in objects.

Instruments are made up of many classes: each label has it's own class, the clamps etc.

I don't know why the truss would disappear.

Have you tried just cropping a viewport to make cardboards? It saves all the class acrobatics.

HTH

Michael

Michael,

Viewports would be great to use, of course. However, because truss layout can be so close, and the way we lay out the breakout symbols for our electricians does not work well with viewports - everything is smashed together and not easily legible. I think it might be a corruption in the file as we've done this class isolation in the past.

Try going to your navigation pane and go to the class tabs. Select show snap modify others. I use a pc so I am not sure if it is the same, but hold down alt and click in the invisible column. Make your truss or light class active and I bet if you then turn on only the none class you will be in luck. If not go into your symbol and select in all and change that class to none.

It is a good idea to build your symbols rooted in the none class. The bad part is when you start to check your drawing at least I do I sometimes classify them by us truss, floor, side, or whatever. So to check they are on the right class I leave the none on everything else off and then make the one I want to check active.

Just a thought hope it helps.