Uninstall???

I need to uninstall VW and do a fresh reinstall of VW2008

In the past I have made a similar post as there is no uninstall feature with VW as with most programs and in the control panel under add/remove programs VW does not appear.

I was advised that by simply deleting VW2008 from the file manager would be sufficient.

I have just done this and opened my fresh VW Application, However all my workspaces plugins etc are unaltered.

How can I completly delete VW2008?

I havent struck a program yet where I have to manually locate all the related files on my machine and delete them as well.

Thanks Ian,

I have done now, but my point is I dont think its reasonable when you need to delete a program that you have to search through your computer to find folders and files that may be related. I have never come across this before.

Maybe I just havent used enough programs :)

windows programs are notorious for this, VectorWorks is better than most.

Some leave hidden files all over the place. I had some sony software installed, and removed. When I upgraded the vista, the files could not be accessed by vista, but they were not allowed to be deleted either. Luckily the machine broke and I replaced it.

Here is how to do a manual uninstall and delete all the registry entries in Windows. I copied this from somewhere a while ago and I think it still applies to Vista.

This is probably more than you'll need to do, but this is a complete manual uninstall of VectorWorks on a PC:

1) Click and drag your VectorWorks folder (Default location: C > Program Files > VectorWorks) to the recycle bin. Empty the recycle bin.

2) Click Start > Run and in the dialogue box that pops up, type ?RegEdit?

3) On the left hand side of the window that pops up, ?Registry Editor? you will see a few small icons that look like folders with + or ? signs next to them, click all the "?" signs except the one next to ?My Computer?, you should see one folder labeled: ?HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

4) Expand this folder by clicking the "+" sign to the left of it. Inside you will see a ?Software? folder, expand it as well.

5) Right click on the ?Nemetschek? folder and select Delete. Do the same with the ?VectorWorks? folder.

6) Repeat these steps for the folder ?HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE? as well.

I have tried to uninstall the program because the workspace Architect is corrupted. Using the method of described in this form with the RegEdit still doesn't seem to eliminate some files. Every time I reinstall the workspaces come back as before.