Polyline/polygon with curves in it!

Hi, simple question....

can you make a polygon made up of a combination of straight lines AND curves? going back to my AutoCAD days i remember i can start the polyline/polygon and then hit "a" key and it enables me to make an arc with my next click. i am tracing round a detail and i need it to be hatched so it needs to be a polygon.

any ideas?

thanks!

Polygons in VW have only straight lines and corner vertices. An object (either open or closed) with curved segments is called a Polyline.

Using the polyline tool you can change between the vertex types while you are drawing. Using the default workspaces, the U key will step between each of the vertex types. The type selected when you click will be the type inserted.

If you have the vertex type set to corner and after you click a vertex you click/hold and drag it will produce bezier vertices instead of corner. It takes some experimentation to learn exactly how to draw smooth curves this way, but it is worth the effort.

Some people (me included usually) find it easier to use the Polygon tool to get close to the shape you need and then use the 2D Reshape tool to change the vertex types (I like Cubic Spline because the point is on the curve) and move them as necessary.

Pat