VW12.5.3 Label Legend

Nik

I have a file that has decided to scale all the text in my label legends by 1/2. That is to say if a label is drawn as 10pt text in the label legend it is displayed as 5pt text in the drawing. This has happened to all the label legends in the drawing not just one.

I've tried deleting the label legend and importing a fresh one from another drawing. I've tried creating a new on from scratch.

Copying and pasting the units to a new file restores the label legends text to normal.

Any thoughts?

-Nik

• 2 weeks later...

hello nik;

i've not run into this problem, so i'm poking in the dark here.

is there any possibility that your printing preferences are set for 50%? have you tried opening a new document and creating a new label legend from scratch, and then import that into the quirky one?

if you can recreate the anomaly, great. or you may just have a corrupted drawing. regardless you could send the drawing to tech support so they could have a look at it. sadly i don't have that address at hand, but i presume it's somewhere on the site here.

hth,

shelley

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem in 12.5.2. I remember this happening to me before also, different file / different computer. This only happens with specific fonts (with me it's CountyBlueprint). I believe it is a general font problem rather than a label legend problem as there are other glitches with this font, such as it being garbled sometimes when you edit texts. But with this glitch here is exactly what it is doing to me:

In the color media category anything longer than 3 characters is exactly half the font size it should be. Very Strange. So my R376 will inevitably be hung as R37 because you can't even read the trailing 6. I guess I will have to go back to arial black.

• 1 month later...

Nope, and that wouldn't explain it unless there was a "set only the characters after the first three to .5 font" or something like that. I've attached a screen shot of this craziness. This really makes the color field useless.

Color%20Field%204th%20charicter%20small.JPG

For what its worth, this only happens with some fonts (including the CountryBlueprint shown above, and it isn't the only craziness Vectorworks has with this font.

Edited by Casey
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's a problem with that font family. I don't know why, but the problem is not limited to the label legend. The font will have problems if you just enter text in the document. I've had problems with the entire "Blueprint" family. If you look at the sample text for the font, it will be different then the standard sample text used by most other fonts. I don't know if the problem is isolated to one font creator or just a general problem with this font family.

Only thing to try is setting your default font to either CountryBlueprint or a standard font like Ariel. Do this on a copy of the document, I found that switching existing text between "Blueprint" and standard fonts will create garbage text. You can restore the text by switching back to the original font.

That worked!!! I've been struggling with this for like two years and all I had to do was switch the default font. It did mess up all of the text that wasn't CountryBlueprint but the specific problem that I was looking at was fixed. And yes, there are some other problems with that font as text in the documents, but these are really easy to get around from mty standpoint. I type everything as a font such as Arial and don't change it to Country Blueprint until it is ready to be plotted.

Thanks