Align objects rules

IanH

Sorry. Probably a dumb question, but the subtleties of the align objects have gone over my head.

What are the rules for aligning objects - ie, what is the anchor object? I can't find this anywhere, although I have just learned that a locus point will act as an anchor if selected. I had assumed that the order of selection would be important, but it appears not to be, or not that I have noticed. Stacking order maybe? Or just random?

Thanks

If a locus point is in the selected objects, it has control and everything will align to the locus.

If no locus then:

If center is selected, everything will move to the geometric center of the selected objects.

If anything other than center is selected, everything will move to align with the object at the maximum of the selected alignment. i.e. if Top is selected, everything will move up (on the screen) to the highest point of any selected object.

Pat

WOW!

That's useful to know.

I see that the online manual mentions the locus point, but it's a shame it isn't more specific about the other parameters you mention.

IanH, I did notice that, with regard to loci, it says that if more than a single locus point is selected, they are all treated like any other object. FYI.