callout tool not working - at all - spec. w/ keynotes....

darci

There is a problem in VW2008 SP1 (on Mac at least) that when you draw a callout in a Viewport annotation, it disappears.

SP1 also breaks the link between the callout and the legend on callouts in annotation imported from VW12.

I think this is one of the things that is supposed to be fixed for the next version.

As best I can tell in SP1 callouts and keynotes work OK on Design Layers.

Pat

we have discovered a similar problem that effects files begun in 12.5 and continued in 2008. our callout key note boxes become quite long and the only way to shorten them is to manually drag each one. entering a different width dimension only makes them disappear, as well as the keynote text object. in a call to tech support last week, they mentioned that they are aware of the issue and will have a patch ready for download 'very soon'. we have not had any problems with creating new keynotes, but they will only work in design layers, not sheet layers (they disappear once you type and hit enter). very curious...

Darci, what about you? 10.5?

My main reason not to switch to 10.5 from 10.4 is all compability problems that arise with most softwares, not only VW, when uppgrading the OS.

VW has announced compability problems - maybe this is one of them.

Send a description of the problem to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net