Duplicate Along Path stops part way

Duping a circle along poly. Poly is 381 verticies, all points and arcs.

Tool does not dupe along full length of path. See attached.

Tried decomposing and recomposing the polyline. Tool returns even fewer dupes.

Tried splitting poly and removing some from lower left. Tool still does not dupe to the end, but gets a little further along. Tried offsetting start by several inches. Still does not dupe full length.

Whatup with that??

-B

Thanks, Bob - Good tip. Converted to Polygon. It was closed except for the end to end segment. It toggles open/close with the OIP "Closed" box. Dupe along path tool fills the entire length of the open polygon.

I still do not know the problem with the polyline. The 381 verticies converted to a polygon of 8409 verticies!!! That ought to be enough.

-B

Additional notes - I tried the backwards test. I made a poly with a combo of about 30 points and arcs and tried to make a DupAlongPath fail:

Duped the circle along the new path and resulted with full coverage.

Stacked a couple of the verticies. Tool returned dupes on entire path.

Hid a vertex. Tool returned dupes on entire path.

Hid a section of several contiguous. Tool returned dupes on entire path, including the hiddent section.

So, at least for this short path, there is not a failure at hidden edges or stacked points.

Another note which may indicate some system malfunction. I am looking into it: Used show/hide in 2d edit tool or OIP to hide some of the edges in my new path.

In areas of poly made only of point verticies, the Hide Edge Tool hides the segment edge as expected. In areas of polyline made of consecutive arc verticies, the Hide Edge Tool hides all arc formed edges ajacent to the picked point. The hide stops at bounding point verticies. I expected that only the selected arc would be hidden.

So, either this is as it should be (arc "edges" do not hide individually), or my tools are misbehav'in.

-B

The Place Plant Tool in Landmark has a bug as far as I know. I think Ozcad over here reported it as a bug.

When using it in Poly-Edge Spaced Mode - creating a path - and Panning with centre mouse button in the middle of the placement it lets go of the Plants and picks up again where it failed when the Pan is finished.

This did not happen in VW 12 - similar