Where are my workspaces?

My Architect workspace went crazy again. I went to my VW 2008 folder/Workspaces to replace it with my back up workspace and nothing happened. I searched my hard drive and find that my workspaces are also in a folder in my user Library/Application support/Vectorworks/Vectorworks 2008/Workspaces. What gives? It appears as though the ones in my library are the ones VW is using. So why the Workspaces folder in the VW application folder?

NNA Now recommends (and uses as defaults) the Library/Application support/... path structure.

The benefit to this is athat anything you store in that location will not be overwritten during an upgrade. Do you remember long ago when you had to rememebr to move your custom workspaces (and PIOS and ...) out of the VW folder befoer you did an upgrade becasue the updater siply overworte everything in the VW (or was it minicad?) folder.

This also means that you could delete the entire VW folder and reinstall and still have your custom things.

The Workspaces folded in the VW folder is for the standard workspaces that ship with VW.

Pat