2 Part ? regarding windows & Doors

Andrew Mac

Question 1- When inserting windows into walls how do I know for sure which side of the window is the outside and the inside. I try adding (example- I try adding interior trim) and it puts it on the exterior) I go back to the objest info plallette and try to flip the window but the trim remains on the exterior? How to I resolve this.

Question 2- When creating walls for a simple building, knowing I need to only have angles at 0, 45, 90. Is there a way to set the wall tool where it want chage from these angles, meaning I don't want it at 39.5 degrees, just the ones listed above- It seems if I were able to do this I could really fly to set up the walls in my drawings

Thanks

If you select a wall, you'll see two blue handles - one at each end of the wall.

At the starting point of the wall, you'll also see a blue triangle pointing in the direction the wall was created.

If you stand behind the arrow, the left side of the wall is where your left hand is, and the right side of the wall is the right hand.

The left side, in this case is the exterior wall.

If you draw counter-clockwise, this is revered.

If you flip the walls once they've been inserted, then you have to pay attention to the exterior and interior wall with respect to left and right. It depends on how they were drawn in the first place.

If you have the snap to angle constraint on, you can snap to 30, 60, 45, 90 and their correlating degrees.

When drafting, look for the cursor cue with the angle degree value.

You can also use the data display bar to lock in a specific angle while drafting.

If you double click on the Angle Snap constraint in the Constraints Palette, you will see check boxes at the top for 30,60 and 45. If you only want 45 and 90, then uncheck the 30,60 box. Also make sure the Enter Angle box in the Alternate Coordinate System is also set to 0 or 45 of you will get an alternate snap at your 39.5 (or whatever) angle.

Pat