Drawing Organization

LaVoieArch

Question

I'm just now beginning to understand viewports, and thinking that it would be extremely helpful to have an organization category which functions in the same way as a viewport but for 2d information.

For example, a typical drawing sheet that has the ability to select specific design layers. I tend to compose a drawing from design layers (and now viewports)

Bill

5 answers to this question

it would be extremely helpful to have an organization category which functions in the same way as a viewport but for 2d information.

But Viewports are not retricted to 3D information?

For example, a typical drawing sheet that has the ability to select specific design layers.

Have you tried using Saved Views?

Viewports are for 2D drawings as well as 3D stuff, they can be used to make the full gamut of drawings...

if you are just getting started with viewports, then you may need to do some research on viewports. My Essential Tutorial manual has a few exercises to show you have you can use viewports to make drawings, and my Architect Tutorial Manual shows you how you can use viewports to make a series drawings using viewports.

Perhaps a couple of more options regarding viewports would be helpful, such as assigning a saved view from a pull down list, option to toggle stacked layers, or even the ability to use key visualization tools to adjust the view. I would particularly like to use the walkthrough tool, flyover tool, translate view tool or even the simple pan/zoom tools to adjust a view from a viewport.