Dimension Text

mlau

Using the Constrained and Unconostrained Dimension tool, is there a way to set dimension text size and font? I'm mostly interested in changing the text from the default 8pt to a larger font size.

Currently my workaround is to ungroup the dimension object then select the text and change font size. Is there anyway to accomplish this without ungrouping the object?

i find that the easy way to deal with text is to use the Format Text... command from the Text Menu. You can control the size, font and text style in one easy to use dialog box.

Before you place any dimensions you should make sure that nothing is selected, then use the Format Text dialog box to set the default font, style and size of the text. Now any dimensions you place will be the size, font and style you selected.

Another way if you use viewports but apply dimensions and text in design layers is to use the viewports advanced properties "text scale" feature - very handy.

Remember as well you can create a script to select dimensions and text only (even down to certain classes and layers) and inside symbols and groups, then just apply the menu options.

I have to say though I tend to just select everythign in a zone and apply the menu - works fine.