Euclid is wrong.

Either the ceilnig grid tool can't multipy, or my forth grade teacher lied to me.

If I draw a box that is 10ft x 10ft, the obj. info. window reports the area as 100sq.ft., just as Euclid and my 4th grade teacher, Mrs Raglin, would have predicted. However, when I use the ceiling grid tool to place tile on exactly the same 10x10 box, the obj. info window reports the area as 200 sq.ft.

Who knew Euclid could be so wrong, or am I missing something.

This is a rather fundamental bug/flaw/oversight in all Plug-In objects of Path (polygon) type.

Technically what happens is that there is "The Path" and then one or more additional representations of it. The OI adds the areas of them all.

Or at least some. I've never actually checked, because in my own objects I always calculate the area separately, from the representation of my choice, and put the result into a specific field. NNA objects are of no consequence to me; some show great promise (like the "Space") but continue to be useless in the real world. At present, they are overly complex but still don't have some basic essentials. I prefer the essentials and can quite nicely live without those fancy "trade show features".

EDIT

Same applies to perimeters.

Edited by Petri