I had a dream...

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

With the new rendering capabilities, I should be more than happy - and I am. Only to render something, I have to model it first. After about 50 consecutive error messages I went to sleep last night and I had a dream.

I had a dream, that one day I would comand a solid operation - and my chosen CAD application would give me a solid operation - not an error message. I had a dream, that one fine day I could point to an edge with the fillet edge tool - and that edge would be filleted. I had a dream, that one day I could produce any curve - 2D or 3D - by adjusting little handles attached to control points along that curve. That when a curve is offset, I would not get legions of needless extra controlpoints - but a new, clean curve.

I had a dream, that one day a man would be judged by the span of his imagination - not by the limitations of his tools. That a man could actually model anything he could percieve and that he did not have to spend his time finding workarounds and compromises. That one fine day Vectorworks Designer would provide stable, useable modeling tools for designers - instead of useless leftovers from other professional fields, yeah I had a dream.

I love to model stuff, but man I hate those error- and failure messages.

5 answers to this question