Door ID Tag

Tom K

Tom,

It's easy to "grab" both the tag and the door. . .which would move the door with the tag. Just make sure you only have the tag selected.

Also, just so you know, the Door Schedule is linked to the door NOT the tag. Changing the tag won't change the schedule or the door. Any changes, say to a door ID, have to be made on the door's Object Info Pallet-Data tab. This all is a good reason to delay tagging doors/windows/etc until as close to the end of the project as possible.

Good luck,

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Door Tags. Here's the scenario. I have 20 doors, and have tagged them to a schedule. When I go to the schedule, I have 6 copies of each door, ie I have 120 door descriptions, not 20. I cannot figure this out at all and where the problem might be. Any suggestions?

Thank you Robert,

That has definitely gotten me started to figuring out this craziness that someone left me with. I am seeing that there are doors on hidden classes/layers I would have never thought they would be on. Hopefully, it will all smooth out. thanks again!