bi part sliders

jnr

I'm having a difficult time sifting through the door interface (pio) (which needs a lot more work by the way) to create a bi-parting exterior sliding glass door (Marvin for example makes one). I can make a slider, I can make a slider with sidelights, but I can't figure out how to slide both leafs outward, w two fixed leafs on the outsides (xoox) not (xxox). Any ideas? Is this customization buried somewhere in the pio?

jnr, for some reason multi-part doors were omitted from verison 12. Hopefully they will be added back ASAP! The only satisfactory workaround I can offer is as follows (and yes, it's pretty much a PITA!): create a cased opening, then create an extruded (or subtracted solid) door panel, then duplicate it three times and distribute in the cased opening, then make into a group or symbol for aditional instances. HTH's

Yeah. Sort of. If you choose to make the door panels from simple extrudes, and if you group a set of four, you can stretch them pretty easily from say 2-6's to 3-0's by just stretching the whole group in top/plan. You will notice the slight difference in stile width, but your clients probably won't :-)

Makes one wonder why an architect specific application isn't more in tune with the realities of the door and window business. One of my pet peeves are the default values in the door and window PIO, which incidently reset every time you open them.