Out of Memory...How come?!

VW 12.0.1 / XP / 3 GB RAM / 2 core Athlon FX60

Updating VP and getting "one or more operations aborted because of lack of memory". Sheet DPI set at 350, VP is about 12" x 24", Final Quality (recusrsion 2). Why is VW running out of memory?! Do I need to adjust a setting in Windows?

Pls advise.

Thx,

Carpalmer

two comments: 1) You said in your original post "350 dpi". Have you tried reducing it 300? 2) Sometimes I use a little script that I created to select all of the VP's on a given sheet layer. Sometimes there are VP's that are outside of the printable area and therefore when I use the script and then hit UPDATE it either takes forever or I get the same message you mention. And, perhaps restarting and/or trashing your preferences might help. CAUTION: if you trash your pref's you will need to recreate them, including serial number entry. Besides, I'm not sure that will have any effect on this issue anyhow.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello carpalmer:

Like Peter says, are any viewports located far from the page origin - like way off the page? We have seen several files recently where an alert about DPI comes up but the problem was really that the model was very (very) far from the origin.

HTH,