Replace symbol function: needs to remember last choice

Christiaan

Question

Currently if you use the replace symbol function repeatedly it takes you back to the root level of your resources each time.

It would work better if it took you back to the last replacement symbol you chose (until you close and reopen the file, in which case it could take you to the root again).

An example of when this would be useful is where you're working your way through a number of layers replacing the same window on each level.

4 answers to this question

I just tried Replace Symbol from the OIP in VW12.0.0 and it remembers the last symbol. I also remember that it worked this way in VW 11.5.1. How are you using it? Are you changing to a symbol that's already in your file, or choosing one from outside?

Raymond

VW 12.0.0, Mac G4, OSX 10.3.9

Thought I'd resurrect this issue...

I agree with Christiaan. Replace symbol does not remember your last choice if it was in a symbol sub folder. It returns to the main or root folder each time. When you have a lot of symbols to wade through, this can eat up a lot of time- particularly sense the sub folders are listed at the end of the root folder symbol list.

I just tried Replace Symbol from the OIP in VW12.0.0 and it remembers the last symbol. I also remember that it worked this way in VW 11.5.1. How are you using it? Are you changing to a symbol that's already in your file, or choosing one from outside?

As SLFY alluded to, the problem was when you had symbols in folders.

It appears to be fixed in v12.5. smile.gif