Bright Green Screen in 3D

aclymer

Question

I just got Vectorworks Architect 2024 today. When I go into 3D, the entire work area of the screen is bright green! I cannot find a way do turn this off.

If you hold down the ctrl button and the mouse wheel to fly around, it briefly turns off. But when you let go, it goes right back to florescent green.

My eyes can't take this. Can anyone help me turn this feature off?image.thumb.png.0f73978de4864ac73544ffadda5be863.png

Edited by aclymer

5 answers to this question

@aclymer Welcome to the forum.  

I'm assuming that you must be in a perspective mode in 3D?  If you look at the top left of the VW window there will be a pulldown for view that will say something like Custom View or Right Isometric.  

Just below that is a view menu pull down perspectives.  Yours probably says Narrow, Normal, or Wide Perspective (?).

If that's the case the green you are seeing is the default "ground" for perspective views.  

To test this try setting the the view from a Perspective view to an Orthogonal view.  If this makes the green go away then that the issue.

You can either work in Orthogonal view or change the color of the ground in perspective views.

To change the color of the ground in perspective views:  

Vectorworks > Preferences > Interactive    Click on Interactive Appearance Settings…

If you are sorting ascending by Interface Element then General - Background - Perspective Horizon Ground will be about the 7th from the top.  There are color pickers on the right side to change the colors.

If that's not it, take a screen shot and post it here.

Not sure if really everything was colored ....

but I once had to learn that a Heliodon sun color will adapt to the

color of the Class the Heliodon is assigned.

(When Attributes assigned by Class)

I tend to assign bright Class Colors to non-architectural objects like

cameras or lights, which I never use anywhere else.

Pink and purple in my case.

And suddenly all my renderings were pink and it took me a few days

to realize the cause.