Fencing issues

BSD

Question

Hi there,

VW24 update 3.1 - Having a couple of issues with the fencing tool settings:

• When I plot a spigot mounted glass pool fence the start post never lines up with the first panel. I can't seem to edit it into place either. See attached screenshot.
  • When I change the standard fencing settings from raked to stepped (to follow the step down of a retaining wall), the posts and panels separate and I can't seem to edit them back together. See attached screenshot.
Would appreciate any tips on what I'm doing wrong here.

spigot issue.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 9.36.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 9.37.24 AM.png

fence and post separation.pdf

3 answers to this question

On 4/16/2024 at 1:13 AM, BSD said:

When I plot a spigot mounted glass pool fence the start post never lines up with the first panel. I can't seem to edit it into place either. See attached screenshot.

Check your corner post settings. Looks to me like you get better results when you use the same symbol for run post + corner post.

On 4/16/2024 at 1:13 AM, BSD said:

When I change the standard fencing settings from raked to stepped (to follow the step down of a retaining wall), the posts and panels separate and I can't seem to edit them back together. See attached screenshot.

I don't know why 'Vertical Boards' is doing this but if you change the Infill Type to 'Panel, Pre-Constructed' it works as expected. I don't use Stepped configuration but I'm sure someone else will know what's happening.