Equipment Summary / Inventory Management filter

I'm trying to do a symbol key and using the Equipment Summary Key for the first time.

It's a bigish drawing with lights all over the place.

I want to make a symbol key of just what's on this one stage.

All the lights in this area have a class "Entertainment Stage" (I know not very original)

In the filter I have an option for Definition "Layer" but not an added option of Class.

Of course I can also choose "Vendor" because that's super useful.

If I could do layer and class and display a count of how many in the key it would be actually useful, but as it is now not so much

Thought

Maybe if I assign all the lights on this stage a vendor of "YourMom" it'll filter.

Let's try.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can apply filters, I will let Scott explain those.

"Oh well.

Vendor is not a parameter in Lighting Device-Parameters."

If you want to you could easily add this parameter to the Lighting Devices if you so wished?

"trying to edit a key I dropped on the plot." - Was this a key created with an earlier version of the software? Best to create a new one and save as symbol.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:22 AM, TomWhiteLight said:

You can apply filters, I will let Scott explain those.

"Oh well.

Vendor is not a parameter in Lighting Device-Parameters."

If you want to you could easily add this parameter to the Lighting Devices if you so wished?

"trying to edit a key I dropped on the plot." - Was this a key created with an earlier version of the software? Best to create a new one and save as symbol.

I just want to put a Key on my plot..

I don't want to edit or troubleshoot Vectorworks software anymore.

Honestly I've grown quit sick of it.

Why is there a "Vendor" option in the filter, and no Vendor option anywhere else. No I don't want to add it.  I don't want anything to do with a Vendor (wow how true is that)

I really want there to be a "class" option in the filter so I can view only lights in that layer/class but that's not possible.

I don't make key symbols. Every plot is too different.

So every key is new to every file, and sometime each key is new to every viewport.

This key was a brand new one a mere minutes old, and when I edited it the program crashed.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

"I just want to put a Key on my plot.."

Of course but Vectorworks cannot guess how you want it to appear or how you want to filter it?

"I don't want to edit or troubleshoot Vectorworks software anymore."

I don't think anyone is asking you to do that. If you don't know how something works, just ask, we are all here to help.

I don't know the ins and outs of the instrument summary tool, Personally I use the graphic legend tool to filter by class, it even filters by viewport. So this is possible In Graphic Legends, I am sorry that you don't know how to achieve this in the software, I am sure a brief call with us would get you up and running in no time.

If you invest some time in learning these new tools you will really reap the benefits.

"This key was a brand new one a mere minutes old, and when I edited it the program crashed."

Ok so clearly there is a problem with your installation, the forum is not tech support, please reach out to them, the users on this forum cannot help you troubleshoot your installation.

Tech support can then re-direct you to the training team who get you set up.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2024 at 12:22 PM, TomWhiteLight said:

Tech support can then re-direct you to the training team who get you set up.

Wow I've been on this forum for 22 years, and that's the biggest brush off I've ever seen.

Thanks

I've been in touch with my sales rep reviewing all the shortcomings of 24, and it's continued issues.