Soundvision room data

Hi there I hoping someone can help me out.

I have drawn a quick drawing to represent seating at a arena using extrude along a path and for some reason when I go to import it into Soundvision using the plugin it doesn't see the objects im sure its a easy fix and im just missing something but don't know if anyone can help me out. i've attached screen shot to show what I mean.

any ideas would be great 

thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 22.55.09.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 22.55.16.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Dan stewart
In the simplification dialogue you need to change the other symbols drop down, in your image it is set as do not export.

Although not an issue in your example above, another issue to be aware of, is that the plugin doesn't support subdivision objects, these should be converted into 3D polys before exporting.

38 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

@Dan stewart
In the simplification dialogue you need to change the other symbols drop down, in your image it is set as do not export.

The Other Symbols dropdown only applies to symbols - the plugin should export all 3D primitives not within symbols regardless of the settings in the dialog.

I believe it's because the plugin doesn't yet support Extrude Along Path. I'd just convert it to a generic solid and that should work.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

My bad @spettitt is correct the plugin doesn't support extrude along path object yet.
For simple geometry converting generic solids is the way to go, however for more complex geometry its better to convert to 3D polys before exporting as SoundVision will have better performance.

I'll reach out to L-Acoustics and ask about this