Connecting walls to roof

Hi! I am having real difficulty using the roof function and AEC command and was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar and knows how to fix this.

The walls in layer FF-Floor Plan simply don't connect to the pitched roof in layer Roof, using the AEC - fit walls to objects function. How else can we possibly resolve this? We would prefer not to have to use 'infill' walls at the gable end and just cant understand why the walls fit the pitched shape but proceed past the edge of the roof. Thanks in advamce! :)

35 minutes ago, livzma said:

Hi! I am having real difficulty using the roof function and AEC command and was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar and knows how to fix this.

The walls in layer FF-Floor Plan simply don't connect to the pitched roof in layer Roof, using the AEC - fit walls to objects function. How else can we possibly resolve this? We would prefer not to have to use 'infill' walls at the gable end and just cant understand why the walls fit the pitched shape but proceed past the edge of the roof. Thanks in advamce! 🙂

Can you show us the Wall Components settings for that Wall: are there top offsets are applied?

I think Tom is right. there is something odd about the wall components, you can see the baseboard (skirting) following the roof shape and when you look carefully, it seems to be only the external component of the wall that is above the roof, you can see this in the start of the movie where the  external component is too high. 

2024-04-11_07-18-42.png

15 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Can you show us the Wall Components settings for that Wall: are there top offsets are applied?

Hi - these are the wall settings I have on currently, I have also shown the storeys and roof settingd

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.03.03.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.03.34.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.04.36.png

1 hour ago, livzma said:

Hi - these are the wall settings I have on currently, I have also shown the storeys and roof settingd

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.03.03.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.03.34.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.04.36.png

To me it looks like the problem is with the way you've set your Wall up. It looks like the plasterboard component is the only one extending the full height, the others have zero height. I don't really use Stories so am not going to be much help unless you post the file but do the Wall components need to be bound to those levels the way they are? What are you trying to achieve with the top offsets? I don't understand why you have the wall itself bottom bound to the layer elevation + top bound to the layer wall height + then the individual components bound to story levels, but then like I say I generally use a layer bound set-up.