MVR Import to VW

Hi all, I'm having an issue importing an MVR file out of Capture and into VW 2024. There seems to be no 'mapping' of the fixtures when I import in. I know the capture file is fine as it imports into Depense3 perfectly. I have also tried an MVR export out of depense3 but get the same thing. 

Basically VW 'see' the fixtures as lighting objects and they all show up in the lighting viz and I can see gdtf files for all the fixtures in the resource browser but no actual fixtures appear. I have also tried replacing the gdtf files to no avail. 

I've only just come across this as although I do a lot of work with MVR its all going out of VW.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks does not "Map" GDTF fixtures to Vectorworks fixtures, we use the actual GDTF file that are part of the MVR.
I think both Capture and Depense3 substitute the GDTF fixture for their custom fixture and export a GDTF fixture that is a "place holder" and not a complete GDTF file.
Since there is no Vectorworks symbol selected for the lighting device make sure the "Use GDTF Geometry" option is set in the OIP for each lighting device.
Try opening one of the GDTF files exported by Capture in the GDTF Fixture builder to make sure they are complete GDTF files that include fixture geometry.

You can also try downloading the relevant GDTF files from the GDTF share, importing them into Vectorworks and assigning them to the fixture.

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Another option is to use the replace lighting device button in the Lighting Device OIP to link the imported default to a Spotlight symbol
Group select all the lights of the same type, and hit the command.