WinDoor question

Can someone tell me how to make the bottom panels in this WinDoor window solid instead of glazed please?

Untitled.jpg.fa684278c3b5093594cae3f9bcc1654f.jpg

This is what I'm trying to recreate:

Screenshot2024-03-24at15_44_01.thumb.png.e99b3232f0f5b5868224484e0600e9e4.png

I was thinking this would be a standard option but do I actually need to create a custom symbol? @Kevin K...?

Many thanks.

It's not a door, it's fixed joinery: a window with 5 width divisions + 2 height divisions. Fixed sashes + casements on the top row, a custom symbol on the bottom row. Thanks for looking at it but please don't spend too much time as I got what I needed with a custom symbol... Just interested to know how a WinDoor master would do it 🙂

Had a little play with AI Visualizer. I'd be interested on trying it out on a very basic early-stage conceptual model as a way to quickly generate a range of nice-looking visuals from something fairly plain + unprepossessing, similar to importing into Morpholio Trace + sketching over there. 

Tom

Ok, here is Windoor configured close to what you wanted, best I could tell from your screenshot. 

The main takeaway is to use a 'fixed door' option for the lower openings in the Windoor config choices....even though they are not doors 🙂

I am sure I have some of it wrong relating to the various widths, etc of the Windoor components, but I attached the file for you to play around with.

Screenshot1.thumb.png.4db4cddeb8b630824873292486077c5f.png

Tom.vwx

• Like 2

Thanks Kevin so the short answer to my question is that to have a flush panel instead of glass, choose 'Fixed Door' + set rails + stiles to zero width... (Except presumably if you want to include a panelled door in the configuration as well...?)

Thanks for the tip!

hahaha ...I know, right!!! lots of settings...:-)

Take a close look at the settings in the OIP....the door is 'paneled'..that way you can control all the rails, styles, blah, blah...I set the top rail to zero...

Screenshot2024-03-24at8_50_33AM.thumb.png.9ff6eb3522c4f654cedc0afc8191ade6.png

...and the 'transom' setting (which is a bit misleading!) to 4" to have the width ( as more or less close to your screenshot) which allows the bottom of the top windows to be wider...I know...confusing, huh? 🙂

Screenshot2024-03-24at8_52_17AM.thumb.png.1a9b7cd04626756bfbc0d06d64db012e.png

• Like 1

I'll add to this the WinDoor option of Custom Symbols.  A 3D symbol of the panel can be inserted into the desired grid openings you choose.

This works if the window sash or door panel settings can't make the exact configuration you are looking for.

Joe

image.thumb.png.83c8245c41f408f048f0813f371a4ab5.png

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joe-SA said:

I'll add to this the WinDoor option of Custom Symbols.  A 3D symbol of the panel can be inserted into the desired grid openings you choose.

This works if the window sash or door panel settings can't make the exact configuration you are looking for.

Joe

image.thumb.png.83c8245c41f408f048f0813f371a4ab5.png

Thank you yes that's what I did in this example posted above:

image.png.137f7724bf0b5b3febb4896f4e6299ff.png

It's a very flexible tool. Be good if some of these features were incorporated into the VW tool.

Edited by Tom W.