Section Viewports Not Appearing in Published PDF

Stephen Smart

Question

Hello all,

I have a Sheet Layer that looks like this: Screenshot2024-03-24at00_49_21.thumb.png.7028d7f2bda9949a45422f8121ccb318.png

The two sections are views from the design layer space, and the set (drawn blue) and high steel (drawn light grey) is from a further Section Viewport of the 3D scenic/house model in the draft.

When I Publish, the Section Viewport does not show up, but every other object in the file publishes correctly. The PDF invariably looks like this:Screenshot2024-03-24at00_52_33.thumb.png.c2da9be99d0eb860fbe77f8b0df125bb.png

I have restarted vwx, switched computers, switched operating systems, and checked every option I can think of. The vwx file in question is attached. Am I going crazy?

Thank you,

Stephen

LFN 2024 Lighting Plot SJS.vwx

4 answers to this question

Hmm It looks like you've been creating a seciton viewport on the design layer, I haven't done that before and wasn't aware that it was even possible. My guess is its someting associated with that. You could try moving those seciton viewports for the set to the sheet layer, Seems to have worked in my test (basically just created a section viewport on that sheet layer and aligned it with your viewport behind Bottom section is where I tested this.)LFN 2024 Lighting Plot SJS.pdf

15 hours ago, TaylorK said:

On second pass it seems that when a sheet layer viewport is rotated this causes the design layer section to not print/ rotate correctly. Here's an example one rotated one not and you can see the one without plan roation print correctly.

Screenshot2024-03-25at3_58_09PM.thumb.png.ebb1f2ecd6f8f68343c3e328f6bfbcf0.pngScreenshot2024-03-25at3_58_28PM.thumb.png.cd341c0236bbc5d2035cf4f3f16aed22.png

You'll need to rotate everything in the design layer so you wont have to rotate the viewport on the sheet layer.

LFN 2024 Lighting Plot SJS_ROTATE TEST.pdf 1.81 MB · 1 download

15 hours ago, TaylorK said:

Hmm It looks like you've been creating a seciton viewport on the design layer, I haven't done that before and wasn't aware that it was even possible. My guess is its someting associated with that. You could try moving those seciton viewports for the set to the sheet layer, Seems to have worked in my test (basically just created a section viewport on that sheet layer and aligned it with your viewport behind Bottom section is where I tested this.)LFN 2024 Lighting Plot SJS.pdf

Yep, these both seem to be fixes for this problem. That is a very strange bug indeed. Thank you!