Creating curved ceiling beams

I can’t see your image and I imagine you meant to type Glulam and not gulag 😉

You can extract the curve from your ceiling and the finish drawing the elevation of the beam by offsetting the curve and connecting the ends.  From there it’s a simple extrude to the depth of the beam.  Make it a symbol and array duplicates into place.

Thanks all, I am trying to get the beams to come out of the top of a central circular bar (as shown in image) in a star burst shape, following the contours of the roof. So modifying the roof into a beam would work in this case. Would certainly be easier if they came out in straight lines!

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 18.20.56.png

Yes, like always there are a number of solutions.  Not really a novice thing though.  The trick is to get the curves for each spoke.  

I think I would use the Analysis tool for this.  Once you have the curves, you are good to go with a number of solutions, some already mentioned.

How many spokes do you need for your starburst.  

Post the ceiling and your circular part.  I am sure someone will post a solution.  I am knocking off the night, but can look at it tomorrow.