Parede acima do componente da laje

There are many ways, depending on your intended outcome.

Here are a few methods:

Setting a Bottom Wall offset = to the thickness of your slab component.

Changing your layer wall elevation to correspond to the elevation of your intermediate slab component is another.

If you are using walls with components, you can change the bottom offset of the component(s).

If your wall bottoms sit at the correct elevation, you use "clip surface" to trim the slab with the walls... this invokes the special special "clip shape from slab" dialog box where you can select what slab components will be trimmed by the wall.

Will one of those suit your situation?

4 hours ago, Jeff Prince said:

There are many ways, depending on your intended outcome.

Here are a few methods:

Setting a Bottom Wall offset = to the thickness of your slab component.

Changing your layer wall elevation to correspond to the elevation of your intermediate slab component is another.

If you are using walls with components, you can change the bottom offset of the component(s).

If your wall bottoms sit at the correct elevation, you use "clip surface" to trim the slab with the walls... this invokes the special special "clip shape from slab" dialog box where you can select what slab components will be trimmed by the wall.

Yes! I did it, thank you very much. 
Sorry for writing the subject in Portuguese...

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 23.21.29.png

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jeff Prince said:

Hi Jeff,

maybe you can help me with another point, I created another slab on the lower floor, but in it the walls show the line of the upper component of the slab, I looked in all the settings but I'm not finding where I can hide this line.
The component line should not cross the wall cut.

It's the same style of wall as the upper floor, it's the slab that's different, so I think it's some configuration of the slab, but I can't find where.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 09.16.57.png

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 09.17.06.png

Edited by Leandrovsk

Clipping the upper component/s in 2D should definitely work but yes like Jeff says I prefer to do the floor as two Slabs: one overall structural Slab that the internal walls sit on + a separate Slab (or Slabs) for the floor finish which runs up to + around those walls... (And actually the same for ceilings if applicable)

• Like 1

I'd like to try the same slab, I'm insisting. Upstairs it worked, I've checked all the wall and slab configurations on both floors and they're the same.
I don't know where the trick is...
I'm trying to draw with as few elements as possible, preferably without cutting or adding volumes to slabs and walls.

I found out! Upstairs I was using several slabs, while downstairs it's a whole slab, so there are no offsets near the wall in the middle.

However, the correct way for the floor to be represented would be an interrupted line in the middle of the wall, is this a limitation of the vector?

17 minutes ago, Ross Harris said:

I prefer to do floor finish slabs on top of the structural slab so I can schedule/quantify all the floor finishes. Plus, all our floor finishes except polished slabs are inside walls, so is 'construction correct'.

Also allows you to have different finishes in different rooms whilst maintaining the same structural slab across the whole building.

And makes controlling visibility easier in terms of displaying the structural model (I have the structural slab on one layer + the floor finish slabs on another layer).

• Like 2