Story Bound that does not exist.

I'm working on the ground level of a house and no matter how I try and draw walls I get "A component of this wall is using a story bound that does not exist".  I figure this was because I had a conflicting wall height and ceiling but I couldn't figure it out and now even if I delete stories I get the same issue.  Not sure what to try next.  

File attached and help appreciated

Andrew Cass

Bardominium V1.0 Copy.vwx

You're using a Wall style which is set up to use Stories + it's looking for levels which don't exist.

These are the levels you have in the file:

Screenshot2024-02-19at14_09_43.thumb.png.147eb0b47c5f21147f5dd1c221249143.png

Do you actually want to be using Stories? If not, try choosing Wall styles from the 'Fixed Height Walls' files in the libraries: these are bound to the Layer Elevation + are more straightforward to control.

• Like 1

I have not opened your file, but the issue is that you are using Walls with components which are bounded to a Story that does not exist in that level. Deleting Stories is the opposite of what you need to do to fix this.

To fix it you have to do what Tom W said..

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Andrew Cass said:

I didn't realize this distinction between story walls and layer height walls is from the resource manager. 

Easy to miss but there is readme text in the relevant files explaining how to use the resources:

Screenshot2024-02-20at06_56_02.thumb.png.2293dc130405a809c1aba87513109652.png

Fixed height Walls:

Screenshot2024-02-20at06_50_47.png.75f3c6450eb7394b8837cf03336ab494.png

Story bound Walls:

Screenshot2024-02-20at06_51_07.png.4d70ae4a1cbf22f5e47798b88ba6ed94.png

Because the text is a symbol, in order to see it you need to be selecting your Wall style in the Resource Manager with all resources showing + not the Resource Selector which will only display Wall resources...

Several other resources have similar texts (skylights etc) so worth looking out for.

• Like 1