Slab with different levels

Is there any way I can add a 3d object to the slab and have it keep the components?
The situation I'm trying to design is a slab with different heights, but with the same finish on top.

ps.: if I make two slabs, the cut will show a line that doesn't exist separating them

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 23.39.20.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 23.39.35.png

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 23.39.48.png

Edited by Leandrovsk

Two possibilities:

1. Make two slabs with different core thicknesses.  In your Section Viewport->Advanced Settings->Merge structural objects with same fill.  This should eliminate the line in section between the two slabs.

2. Model the floor finish as a separate Slab (or Extrude) on top of a Slab with the structural core.  This is a technique used to deal with situations where different rooms have different floor finishes.  The model is built with a standard floor Slab and finishes are added above.

I'm guessing someone else will have other options.

SectionVPAdvancedSettings.thumb.png.782094ef4027663a0668a2271383d610.png

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Leandrovsk said:

This was precisely the problem: when you simply add an object to the slab, it doesn't display the components correctly. 😉

Ah ok sorry I didn't read your first post carefully enough: you were already using the Add 3D Object to Slab... command!

Nevertheless, you can still do it using this command + have the components display the way you want:

Screenshot2024-02-08at14_33_27.thumb.png.27b5d8ca7c0176415db77db2bcbe920e.png

Screenshot2024-02-08at14_32_03.thumb.png.11244233d51f0841889018c1c1e2716d.png

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Ah ok sorry I didn't read your first post carefully enough: you were already using the Add 3D Object to Slab... command!

Nevertheless, you can still do it using this command + have the components display the way you want:

Nice! Vectorworks is the best! 😉 Thank you