Parametric Cabinets 2024

Dan Menitoff

Question

6 answers to this question

Do you have a Class named Cabinets? Or any other object?  Only a single object can have a specific name.  Maybe the error message is lying to you about it being a folder.

I just tried to name a NURNS curve in a new blank file "Cabinets" and got the following error message:

image.png.781001388c9e4fe742be4cec93f7e4e8.png

Not sure why or what that means. There are not folders and only two objects in the entire drawing.

In the file I created the cabinet model the object seems to be named "Cabinet" but in the drawing I'm trying to import into I click on some of the existing cabinets and they all are named "Base Cabinet (Legacy)" which isn't the same name but I wonder if you can't have two different types of Cabinet objects?

image.png.d4a07867da7932c8ad006261e067f17f.png

image.png.8e7aaf079a3898d76a8abcd9c6cda36d.png

17 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Do you have a Class named Cabinets? Or any other object?  Only a single object can have a specific name.  Maybe the error message is lying to you about it being a folder.

I just tried to name a NURNS curve in a new blank file "Cabinets" and got the following error message:

image.png.781001388c9e4fe742be4cec93f7e4e8.png

Not sure why or what that means. There are not folders and only two objects in the entire drawing.

I was able to copy paste one of the cabinets successfully into a different unrelated project drawing I'm working on and it worked fine. It's just something with this one file that's causing a conflict. Appreciate your help, maybe you will figure it out. I'm going to keep searching too.