Window Schedule not working

Dick Jenkins

Question

I have set up a window and a door schedule with the settings structured the same way for both. the door schedule seems to work but the window schedule will not pick up the windows, even though it is identical to the door schedule only with the window parameters. I have also had problems with the window schedule refusing to close after I run "recalculate". Attached is a pared down file from my project file.zv2024.SCHEDULE TEST.vwx I don't know why that file is still so big.

6 answers to this question

The layer name was wrong because I imported the schedule from a set where the layer names did not have dashes, or does that make a difference. I looked at the door schedule on the plan I attached so I could see what it said, because it seems to work. The layer in that criteria was "(N) Floor System-1" which I don't understand, because the actual doors (as are the windows) are on the "(N) Floor Plan-1" layer. I assigned the door and window data tags from the viewport annotation mode, so should that be included somewhere in the criteria?

Changing the door criteria to include "(N) Floor Plan-1" causes it not to work. It does not work with the window schedule either.

Is there a good discussion somewhere that explains what you need to create search criteria? I have always been confused by it. Its like everyone else had this class in school and I was not told about it. Meanwhile

There are a couple of classes on worksheets on VW University.

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/overview/view.php?id=5404

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/page/view.php?id=631

The file you sent does not have any layer criteria in the Door Schedule.

image.png.85e965e9af2367f6f4ca9ebc673fb002.png

In Criteria when you have a line that says "All Criteria in this set" it means exactly that. The only objects that will be returned in the database are those that meet ALL (every) of the lines. In the case of the Door Schedule. It is returning all the Door Object (Record 'Door' is present) AND that have the check box for On Schedule checked (Field On Schedule is True).

for Window Schedule you have the the window equivalent to the two settings above, plus an additional line specifying which layer the objects MUST be on (Layer IS '(N) Floor Plan 1'.

image.png.09218acc742235ff5e83eb24b316e541.png

But that layer does not exist in the file so there will be no objects that will meet all of the criteria and you get an empty list.

For Layers and Classes if you specify that it IS something in a criteria then VW will do an exact comparison of the string you provide and the name of the layer or class. ANY difference will make then not match and your criteria will fail.

If you change line 4 in the Window Schedule Criteria to Layer IS '(N) Floor Plan -1' with the dash you should get 11 windows reported. At least that is what I get when I make that change.

You could add a similar line to the Door Schedule if you only want to return the Doors on one layer.

One way to think about Data Tags is that they are graphical mini worksheet database rows that only return data on a single object. It does not matter where you place the data tag because it is only reporting data on an object. The worksheet and the data tag are looking at and reporting data from the same object, but the worksheet is not pulling from the data tag.

HTH

Ppat, would you mind looking at this similar problem. This time it is using Graphic Legends. I don't understand why all the windows are not reporting graphically. Also I need to know if there is a way to the corner window elevations with the corner post so they can be identified as corner windows.