Lights through drapes

afp_inc

Question

Hello, I have been practicing drawing venues and I have not been able to control the light shining through curtains. I have checked in a new file and just created a new drape style and different textures and the light did not transmit through the material. Is there a way to fix this without having to restart the entire project?

5 answers to this question

So, Here is what I am seeing, It is worth noting that I do not have Spotlight, but I downloaded the file above and the textures don't seem to apply to the "Soft Goods" object, unless I convert to Group first. Then I DO get Backlit textures to work well. 

My understanding is that the OP is looking for a translucent Drape, like the one on the right, below:

image.thumb.png.0024400f8d82df921b8d9d94d1b25b4d.png

Please verify. 

Bart

• Like 1

I didn't realize that my design layer render settings set to shaded will not stop the drapes from having light transmit through. The tech support team showed me that turning the cast shadow on worked in my final quality render style. Thanks guys.

• Like 1