Using Railing/Fence tool in 3D line mode, nothing happens

jolo2881

Question

I have been trying to add a handrail to steps using the 3D line mode and after clicking between two points, nothing appears on the model, but looking at the Object Info palette, it looks like a new Railings/Fence object was created with corresponding heights. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 15.16.48.png

4 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, jolo2881 said:

I've found them! When I select top/plan view, I can see the railings I've created, however they are nowhere near the rest of my 3D model - why would this be?

From the way your objects appear in the screenshot (with the cross hatching surface effect) it looks like you have geometry far from the Internal Origin. All your geometry needs to be within a 5km 'safe working zone' around the Internal Origin. This could also be the reason your Railing/Fence object is ending up in an unexpected place.

See:

Also, in VW2024 a separate Fence Tool + Railing Tool were introduced which are far superior to the previous Railing/Fence Tool which had all sorts of problems (in my experience) when you tried to use it in 3D. Are you committed to using VW2022?

• Like 1