Keep original object representation

Hi all !

I'm looking for a solution to my problem.
Indeed, when (for example) I create a structural element and drill into it, it becomes a subtracted volume. So far, so normal, I'm thinking of using subtraction and editing either my hole or my structural element.
However, it becomes a wireframe in plan view.
Is it possible to keep the representation of my structural element, while having transformed it into a subtracted volume with the hole, so that my structural plan remains legible and not wired?
Thank you for your answers

5 minutes ago, shorter said:

A wholly unnecessary and undesirable step imho.

autohybrids do not always play ball when exporting to ifc and are generally to be avoided.

they are one of those native objects that are fine in VIM but not BIM. 😉

So in that case would a 2D/3D hybrid symbol be preferable instead? Until Structural Members are given the same functionality as Slabs ('Subtract 3D Object From Slab') that is...

My preference is always for a hybrid symbol as it does exactly what I want despite taking more time to set up.  That's me though and the way I work.  Rather have the control than the convenience.  There are other, and arguably better ways to be more efficient.

But, all plugin objects should behave like the slab, in my humble opinion, and remain PIOs after editing with clip or solid addition/subtraction and that includes walls.

Edited by shorter
  • Like 1