ZSC

ZSC

Question

6 answers to this question

Select the Viewport in the OIP and then use the Layers... and Classes... buttons in the OIP to set what you want. You can also use the Flyover tool (or other view change methods) when you are in the Crop mode of the viewport to change the view of the viewport.

Or you can set the view and visibility's in the design layers to the view that you want and then use the Create Viewport menu command and tell the new viewport to create on whatever sheet layer you want.

• Like 2

Thanks. I am trying to overlay different imported images over a des. layer. Every time I add a new image to the design layer and create a new viewport it updates all the viewports on my sheet to the same. I am not trying to have different views/perspectives of my des layer, I am changing the imported image for each viewport (shadows/times of day). It seemed to work earlier and now has a mind of its own!

If you change a design layer that is displayed in the viewport then the viewport will become "out of date" if it is being displayed in a render mode or will automatically update if it is displaying in wireframe. While you don't have to update an out of date viewport, if you don't have Save Viewport Cache selected, the viewports will have to update every time you open the file. If you import an image, make a viewport, delete the image, make another viewport, you are going to have a very fragile file. If anything happens that requires the viewport to update, all your viewports will be wrong.

I think what you need to do is import your images into different design layers. You can then turn on both the design layer with your drawing and the layer with the image.  Each Viewport could be set to a different image design layer so you have a stable file.

Ask again if this is not clear enough.

• Like 3

I think this helps. Thanks. I have been saving my images on one des layer then copying them and deleting them one at a time to another layer to create a viewport from, but it updates all viewports on the sheet. 

Can you please tell me where I can find Save Viewport Cache?