Landscape Area data tag

Amanda McDermott

Question

Hello,

I'm hoping to label a couple of landscape areas with one data tag - they are using the same mix and near to each other, just separated by a path. I'd rather just have one label that groups them and points to both, providing a list of total plants across both areas. Is this possible?

I've got the box checked in OI palette 'Allow Multiple Attachment Points', which implies it can be done, but I can't see how...

@Marketa Hermova @Katarina Ollikainen can it be done?!

5 answers to this question

This sort of works, but I've had to manually draw the arrow head. Have added to my wish list item "p.s. in the meantime, if we could at least please have 'add leader' as an option on a data tag, as it is in callouts, that would allow us to use a workaround of creating a thin 'bridge' between two landscape areas..."

Upvotes appreciated please at

• Like 1

The meaning of the Data Tag is the same in all programs that function as a database, Autodesk Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks. Is there something I have not understood about the fact that you can use a data tag to read information from several objects? Maybe you want something here that has nothing to do with Data Tag. Maybe you have to use other functions. Data Tag is "alive" and reads information from objects. What happens if you or others change one of the objects that was similar to not being the same anymore and these use one and the same Data Tag? Data Tag is not an extended 2D text box where you can put arrows in all directions. Maybe it's me who hasn't seen what this is about.

11 hours ago, aage.langedrag said:

The meaning of the Data Tag is the same in all programs that function as a database, Autodesk Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks. Is there something I have not understood about the fact that you can use a data tag to read information from several objects? Maybe you want something here that has nothing to do with Data Tag. Maybe you have to use other functions. Data Tag is "alive" and reads information from objects. What happens if you or others change one of the objects that was similar to not being the same anymore and these use one and the same Data Tag? Data Tag is not an extended 2D text box where you can put arrows in all directions. Maybe it's me who hasn't seen what this is about.

I see what you mean - but couldn't the tag then just throw up an error (as it does if you delete a tagged object), or perhaps more usefully automatically split in two and label each separately?