Dimension text boxes - sizing

I don't think there is a way to change it.

But it actually looks like it is a "Font Problem" rather than a Dimension problem.

Try setting the font to Ariel or Monico or somthing else really basic.  I think you will get much small padding.

It looks like the font itself is specifying a very "tall" bounding box.

One possible solution would be to pick a different font that does not do that.

Another (if you don't have to send files to others would be to get a version of the font customized with less space.  Possibly even just the numbers so you don't even have to worry about descenders and ascenders.

HTH

14 hours ago, DSmith2300 said:

Thanks Pat.

Myriad Pro has been chosen as the office font, so that's not up to me.  I might try other font in the dims to see if I can get away with it and have less padding.

I guess dimensional fonts aren't really the same as full text panels.

The top dimension is Arial.  The bottom is Adelle Sans.  Just showing that the spacing is due to the font since I don't have Myriad Pro.

Adding a second allowable font to your office standard for use in dimensions would probably be a good idea. And if you use a Font Style for your dimensions, no one would really need to know that there are two different fonts as they would never have to look at the dimension font.

image.png.cef273fb6749cea7869264b3cbb0ac4d.png

• Like 2