Cabinet Tool - VWX 2024 - not allowed to customize drawer and door sizes

L_M

Using VWX 2024 Spotlight & the parametric cabinet tool. 
I have specified an "Unstyled" cabinet (and even went in to one version and selected "by instance" rather than by-class) but with each cabinet I use I don't seem to be able to alter or input the size (height) of the drawer or doors to my specification...it always appears to be greyed out?  This is true no matter if I choose 'define item height' or 'opening height'.
I've looked this up in help, watched videos using this tool, etc.  to no avail.

Am I experiencing this due to being a Spotlight program user and not a Architect or Design program user, or am I just using the tool incorrectly (or missing a checkbox that will allow customization)?

See screenshot for visual of Cabinet menu in question.

06-12-2023 08_41_54-Cabinet Settings.png

@L_M Someone else was having the same issue as you are.  I responded to their inquiry.

Here was my response and how to address the issue. Basically, you need to click on the little icon, in your case, next to the drawer double and door double, and that icon will turn into a 'pencil' which means it is now it the 'edit mode' and all let you input whatever data you wish and the items will no logger be grayed out 🙂

Screenshot2023-12-10at6_04_16AM.thumb.png.25507976d574ae3cbc550cf4fd6a7fb3.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kevin K said:

Oh, Tom...btw are you still using InteriorCad, now that they have made some fairly major improvements to the Cabinet tools in VW??

Hola Kevin from what I’ve seen, interiorxs still has the edge on the VW tool by a long chalk. Plus I paid for it so would be kinda silly not to use it 🙂. What do you think, if you’ve used both: can you do most of what you want with the Cabinet Tool or does it pale in comparison next to xs?

Tom

I concur totally with your assessment. InteriorCad xs still has the edge in the big picture. I mean, how can anyone live without that pesky 'NC Macro' !!  🙂 

That said, I will say that VW has made HUGE improvements to the Cabinet tools, which will prove to be really good for folks that don't own InteriorCad xs.

I have been using both, depending on the complexity of the Project.

2 hours ago, Kevin K said:

@L_M Someone else was having the same issue as you are.  I responded to their inquiry.

Here was my response and how to address the issue. Basically, you need to click on the little icon, in your case, next to the drawer double and door double, and that icon will turn into a 'pencil' which means it is now it the 'edit mode' and all let you input whatever data you wish and the items will no logger be grayed out 🙂

Screenshot2023-12-10at6_04_16AM.thumb.png.25507976d574ae3cbc550cf4fd6a7fb3.png

Many many thanks Kevin...and Tom!!  So relieved it was user error. 

With gratitude!
-L.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kevin K said:

Tom

I concur totally with your assessment. InteriorCad xs still has the edge in the big picture. I mean, how can anyone live without that pesky 'NC Macro' !!  🙂 

That said, I will say that VW has made HUGE improvements to the Cabinet tools, which will prove to be really good for folks that don't own InteriorCad xs.

I have been using both, depending on the complexity of the Project.

Will you pay to upgrade xs to 2024 when it comes out or just stick with using it in VW2023 for the foreseeable…?