Rack ID & Rack Ruler Bug - Inverted Text

btgroves

I have created a simple 4-Post Rack, 10U, from scratch, loaded my equipment, when I use any of the following commands "Edit Front of Rack" "Edit Rear of Rack" or "Create Rack Elevation"  It shows both forward and reversed text for the Rack ID and Rulers.  There does not appear to be any class or way to turn off the inverted text.  Any solutions here?  It seems I will just have to manually draw in text boxes or shapes with fills to solve this?

It seems that these new rack features have been released without full bug testing, this is somewhat frustrating because there is usually a relatively long time between service pack releases.  Can there be a hotfix released to help address the number of bugs in ConnectCAD specifically?

I have attached a screenshot below to show this...

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.15.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.16.22 AM.png

I haven't seen this myself. I don't use the Edit Front/Edit Rear commands, I just build the rack in 3D.

But I do use the Create Rack Elevation and haven't seen this. If you select the section viewport that it makes, what is the rendering mode in the OIP? Wireframe, hidden line, shaded etc. Without checking, it should be hidden line I believe.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @btgroves,

Create Rack Elevation should always create the viewports in Hidden Line render, so you should not have this problem there. Edit Front/Rear is creating the floating views in Shaded render for me, so I do not have this problem there too. Not really sure why these are (or at least look like to be) in Wireframe. Additionally, you can set up your CC-Rack3D-Text-Name class to have solid fill, which should help with this issue in Wireframe (solid fill should be the default for this class I think, so it is again strange that it is not solid for you).

15 hours ago, btgroves said:

It seems that these new rack features have been released without full bug testing, this is somewhat frustrating because there is usually a relatively long time between service pack releases.  Can there be a hotfix released to help address the number of bugs in ConnectCAD specifically?

- What are the other issues that you have found? In here you mention only this which seems to be something specific for you as you are using Wireframe rendering. If you are aware of any other issues, post them here or submit bugs and we will look into them.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, spettitt said:

I haven't seen this myself. I don't use the Edit Front/Edit Rear commands, I just build the rack in 3D.

But I do use the Create Rack Elevation and haven't seen this. If you select the section viewport that it makes, what is the rendering mode in the OIP? Wireframe, hidden line, shaded etc. Without checking, it should be hidden line I believe.

spettitt,

This original issue was resolved with a quit and re-launch of VWX 2024, but today I have experienced the same issue when opening a file that was created in 2023 and I'm regenerating the Rack Elevations using the new features.

I cannot seem to resolve this issue with a re-launch like my file above, my viewport settings were initially created with Hidden Line although out organization uses color coding on equipment for indications, so I have to adjust these to be Background Render: Shaded Polygon, Foreground Render: Hidden Line.

Any help would be appreciated, currently the only fix is to create filled objects or text boxes to make this viewport readable.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 9.23.09 AM.png

@btgroves If you could PM me this file I will take a look. Moving the entire rack workflow to 3D involved significant complexity. We did extensive testing but this issue did not arise. The key to getting this fixed quickly is to find a reproducible case. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Conrad

@Conrad Preen I can certainly send you this file although I believe some of these bugs could be related to a separate post I made and I've been messaging with Nikolay Zhelyazkov about.

This issue I was experiencing seems to have been resolved when I applied a Fill to the following classes

CC-Rack3D-Graphics-LeftPanel

CC-Rack3D-Graphics-RightPanel

CC-Rack3D-Graphics-TopPanel

CC-Rack3D-Graphics-Posts

CC-Rack3D-Ruler

CC-Rack3D-Text-Name

We are checking this issue and have found a reproducible test case. Once we have determined the exact cause we will get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for drawing our attention to this.

Conrad

• Like 1

Hello @btgroves

In the end this comes down to how the classes are set up. If you have Fill = None in classes CC-Rack3D-Graphics-Top and CC-Rack3D-Text-Name then these will be rendered as wireframe even though the render mode is set to hidden line. How do you hide lines when the object has no fill - right?

In viewports you can override the class settings just for that viewport so you're not forced to have a fill in your model if you don't want one.

I think this clears it up. The reason why it was hard for us to make it happen was that it needed 2 classes to not have fill.

Best regards

Conrad