Exporting Sheet Layers to new VWX file

Often we need to share specific drawings with consultants. Most of them use AutoCAD so a simple File-Export-Export DXF/DGW lets us select the specific sheets we want to share with them. They can then import and manipulate the drawings.

We now have a consultant who is also using VectorWorks and we'd like to be able to export 3 specific Sheet Layers from our 75 sheet VWXP file into a single VWX that I can send to them to open and work with. Ideally the viewports on the sheet layers would be able to be manipulated so they'd need to bring in the design layers that feed the viewports.

I'm not familiar with AutoCAD but the DWG export (which I can zip up and email/dropbox to them) seems to be able to be imported and snapped-to and moved around easily and it seems that there should be a similar function in VWX whereby the consultants can open the sheet layer for, say, the basement lighting plans and select/copy/delete/move the light fixtures and bring them from my VWX file into their own VWX drawing set for coordination.

The File-Publish option only seems to allow publishing to PDF or DWG or DXF - not to VWX. The File-Export-Export to VWX options only seem to allow you to export the entire file (including all design layers, sheet layers, classes, viewports, objects, symbols, etc) and then only export to an older version of VWX. If we're both using VW2023 it seems that there ought to be an option (that I'm perhaps overlooking) for me to export to another VW2023 file and choose which sheet layers I want to send them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

5 hours ago, AndySmithArch said:

Ideally the viewports on the sheet layers would be able to be manipulated so they'd need to bring in the design layers that feed the viewports.

I think this is the problem ....

If they need to edit the Viewports (!?)

copy the Sheet Layers and name it in a way they will find it,

send them the File copy (!?)

If they need the SLVPs just to see what they edit/add/replace in the File (!?!?)

offer them Project Sharing ?

If Vectorworks would offer a Speckle Connector/Support,

you could collaborate and each one would work in his own Branch of the

Project and you could switch or merge branches like in Software Development.

I am a bit confused.

I would therefore recommend @Pat Stanford proposal .....

Edited by zoomer