Softgood tool inventory

Hi everyone,

Recently I've started using the softgoods tool, and I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers for yet. Is it possible to name curtains, so that in the inventory list there is a type instead of curtain, for example black curtain, white curtain. And in the soft goods tool you can set how wide 1 piece is, and what the overlap is, this suggests to me that it can count how many pieces are in a length. However, in the materials list it just lists a length of curtain, not how many are in that length. Are these things something I'm just overlooking, or do I need to post in the wishlist?

kind regards,

Peter 

Edited by Peter Telleman

The only I know how to do this is to name the object in the Object Information Palette in the Name Field at the bottom or to name the object using the Notes field.

However, as of release 2024, there is now a statutory EntEquipUniversal (catchy title!) record that is attached to all entertainment objects by default. I believe the idea is that you can add fields to this record as per your particular needs and use that to populate a worksheet.

• Like 1
On 11/30/2023 at 3:01 AM, Peter Telleman said:

And in the soft goods tool you can set how wide 1 piece is, and what the overlap is, this suggests to me that it can count how many pieces are in a length.

There's a Tied Fullness field that will automatically add drapes, and count them. For example, enter "50%" for 1.5x panels or "100%" for 2x panels.

Not gonna lie: been faithfully using the tool forever, and just discovered this amazing feature last week (always thought it was just a text field, like a note).